Toll free: 1-888-819-5312
Youth Empowerment Services (YES) Inquiry Line: 1-800-831-6467
Providing Behavioral Health Services in Rural South Texas
IDD ~ Texas Home Living
The Texas Home Living (TxHmL) program provides selected essential services and supports to people with an intellectual disability or a related condition who live in their own home or their family’s home.
● Adaptive aids
● Behavioral support
● Community support
● Day habilitation
● Dental treatment
● Employment assistance
● Minor home modifications
● Specialized therapies
● Supported employment
● There is no age limit.
● You must be determined eligible for Medicaid services before enrolling in the program
● You must meet specified criteria, including a determination of an intellectual disability
● In accordance with state law or having been diagnosed by a physician as having a
● related condition with an IQ of 75 or below.
● You must live in your own home or family home.
● You cannot be enrolled in another Medicaid waiver program.
● Your income and resources may not exceed specified limits.
Contact your local authority: Coastal Plains Community Center, 200 Marriott Drive, Portland, TX 78374 (361) 777-3991.